Your privacy is important to Thomson Reuters. This Privacy Statement applies to the online collection and sharing of personal and other information via the Reuters TV application operated by Thomson Reuters and its worldwide affiliated companies and subsidiaries. This Statement does not apply to information collected in any other way, including offline, through Thomson Reuters websites, or through other Thomson Reuters applications. Reuters TV may contain links to or options for users to integrate with sites and services maintained by third parties such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These third party sites and services are not operated or managed by Thomson Reuters and we have no control over information, content, preferences, etc., you chose to submit to, share with or that is otherwise collected by them. As such, you should refer to those sites’ privacy statements for further information related to their privacy practices.
In this Privacy Statement:
- the terms "Personal Information" or "Personally Identifiable Information" means your name, address, phone number, email address, payment card information, and/or certain additional categories of information that identify you personally; and
- the terms "Personal Information" and "Personally Identifiable Information" do not include username, technical information (for example, Unique Device Identifier or "UDID," Media Access Control "MAC" address, Apple’s Identifier For Advertising or "IFA," and Internet Protocol or "IP" address), or numbers or alpha-numeric identifiers assigned by us, third-parties, or your computer.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IS THAT INFORMATION USED?
- We collect information about our users in the following ways: directly from the user (for example, when ordering a product, registering an account, or signing up for a newsletter), from our web server & application logs, through cookies, and through the use of local storage, including but not limited to local shared objects or "flash cookies," as well as other files or similar technologies. The device or devices on which you use Reuters TV will determine, in part, the exact manner in which we collect information from you.
- We also allow our analytics provider or providers to collect usage information over the Internet from your device, including a unique identifier that Thomson Reuters or the analytics provider assigns to your device, certain device and technical information, and your Internet protocol address.
- We use the information, including analytics information, primarily to provide you with a personalized Internet or mobile application experience that delivers the information, resources, and services that are most relevant and helpful to you and to ensure quality of service.
- We do not share your Personal Information, unless we say so in this Privacy Statement, or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
- We have implemented certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- We store the information about you in a data center with restricted access and appropriate monitoring.
- We use intrusion detection and virus protection software.
- Despite these measures, we do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists, customer names or email addresses to others, and we will not make your Personal Information available to any unaffiliated parties, except our approved agents and contractors, or as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement.
- We rely on some of our affiliates for support of the products and services we offer, and we share some of our back-office functions with other Thomson Reuters companies; our affiliates are all required to preserve the confidentiality of any Personal Information they may access.
HOW MAY I CORRECT, AMEND, OR DELETE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR UPDATE MY PREFERENCES?
- You may cancel your registration or update your preferences at any time.
- Certain unique identifiers used to track usage information of the mobile application will remain the same even after you delete cookies and web data, reset the data associated with the application, and uninstall and reinstall the application, These unique identifiers consist of a number or alpha-numeric string and may be unique to your device, but do NOT contain Personal Information.
- If you do not want to receive information about our products or services, please update your account preferences (where available), check the appropriate box when registering and/or utilize the "unsubscribe" mechanism within the communications that you receive from us.
- If you have any questions or concerns related to this statement and/or our practices, please contact us using the "contact us" link in the application, email us at ReutersTV_support@reuters.com or write to us at:
3 Times Square
New York, NY 10036