FIRST AIRED: August 6, 2017

Nice work! Enjoy the show!

×

You’re busy. We get it.

Stay on top of the news with our Editor’s Picks newsletter.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Unsubscribe at any time. One click, it’s gone.

Thanks for signing up!

×

Transcript

00:00:01
>> Calling it disgraceful and offensive, US Vice President Mike Pence denounced a New York Times article suggesting he's eyeing a 2020 run for president. In a statement Pence said, the allegations in the article are categorically false. And accused the media of trying to divide President Trump's administration. The New York Times article said some Republicans were moving to for form a shadow campaign for 2020, as though President Trump were not involved.
00:00:26
The article detailed how Pence has kept a full political calendar and has created his own political fund raising group. The story said multiple advisors to Pence have already indicated to party donors that the Vice President would plan to run if Trump did not. But Pence called the article fake news and said his entire team is focused on Trump's agenda.
00:00:46
He said any suggestion otherwise is both laughable and absurd. On a trip to eastern Europe last week, Pence repeatedly made hawkish statements about Russia that differed from Trump's public comments.