FIRST AIRED: February 22, 2017

Nice work! Enjoy the show!


You’re busy. We get it.

Stay on top of the news with our Editor’s Picks newsletter.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Unsubscribe at any time. One click, it’s gone.

Thanks for signing up!



>> Smiling, surrounded by wires, sitting in what appears to be the car in which he blew himself up. Abu Zakariya al-Britani pictured before a suicide bomb attack south west of Iraq's Mosul this week. It's now been revealed that the British Islamic State attacker had been compensated by the British Government for his detention in the Guantanamo Bay military prison.
That's according to Western security sources. Islamic State militant al-Britani, previously known as Ronald Fiddler, carried out the attack and they released the photograph. Three Western security sources said it is highly likely that Britani was the bomber and is now dead. The UK made a civil damages settlement with British former Guantanamo Bay inmates in 2010 but did not disclose the size of the payouts, citing confidentiality agreements.
Britain's Daily Mail newspaper says Britani had been awarded more than $1.2 million after claiming British agents knew or were complicit in his alleged mistreatment. After converting to Islam in his twenties, Britani was detained in Afghanistan by US Special Forces and taken to Guantanamo in 2002. He was released in 2004, after the government of then-Prime Minister Tony Blair lobbied for his release.
Britain's current Foreign Ministry have declined to comment on his death.