least two deaths in the Philippines, Tuesday night showing President Rodrigo Duterte's brutal drug war is still very much alive. Duterte has officially suspended police operations in the crackdown that's seen more than 7,000 people killed. Local media reported one rare day without bloodshed on Monday. But on Tuesday night, Reuters was at the scene of two new murders.
One target fired on by bikers, another chased down and shot in the head. Under new rules, police can't continue the war on drugs for at least a month while they focus on cleaning up corruption inside the force. But as Reuter's Martin Petty reports that doesn't mean Duterte is letting up.
>> The drugs are always still on the police have been relieved of their duty as the lead role in the Philippine drugs enforcement agency has been put in charge. But that only has a fraction of the manpower of the police. Duterte said he might need the miliary's help.
The President's talked about martial law a lot. He's threatened to invoke it, and then he's ruled out doing so. But what he's not said is why it would be necessary to invoke military rule to fight a war on drugs.>> The defense ministry on Wednesday asked the President to green light military support and give a go ahead to arrest dirty cops after officers kidnapped and killed a South Korean businessmen last year.
>> Duterte is furious about what happened with the South Korean businessman. He said is a huge embarrassment and he says it could have international ramifications. South Korea is a big social investment for the Philippines, it's crucial for tourism and Duterte wants to be visible on this, he wants to take the lead role, he wants to be seen as a person involved.
>> Rights groups tie the business man's death to the drug war saying police felt protected by the President's promise to shield anyone involved in the crack down. Amnesty International report released on Wednesday says officers have been acting like criminals. Taking payments for killings and delivering bodies to funeral homes.