>> More than 1,000 families have been left homeless in the Philippines, wandering the streets after a massive fire swept through a shanty community in Manila. Authorities say the blaze broke out on Tuesday night. It quickly spread through the neighborhood, leaving one elderly woman dead and three others injured.
> I'm asking for help for me and my neighbors. I hope someone will be willing to help and address our needs. The Bureau of Fire blamed a gas leak from a kitchen stove. The local government said the families would be relocated to an evacuation center. Fires are common in the slum communities of Manila where homes are made of light materials.
The fire department says, most are due to faulty electrical wiring caused by illegal power connections.