>> Nearly a week after thousands of Google workers around the world walked off their jobs to protest the tech giant's response to sexual harassment. CEO, Sundar Pichai, Thursday, announced changes to the company's sexual harassment policies. In a statement published online to employees, Pichai said, the company would be more transparent about how it handles such cases.
Provide better support and allow arbitration for sexual harassment claims, bowing to at least some of the demands listed by the walk-off organizers. At last week's protest, workers chanted women's rights are workers' rights, and time's up tech, as some sexual harassment victims shared their stories. Pichai said in a statement that he's heard the message and has been moved to action.
Reuters Google correspondent, Paresh Dave.>> Google employees who organized the protest last week said that they are please that Google has changed these policies around sexual harassment. But they are not going to let up until they see changes on all of their demands. And so they've asked Google also to address pay equity, and a lot of structural issues.
They want for example, an employee representative on Alphabet's Board of Directors.>> The protests were sparked by a New York Times report that Google in 2014 gave a $90 million exit package to Andy Rubin, known as the father of Android after he was accused of sexual harassment. There was no mention of his package in Thursday's statement.
But for Googler's still around, better complete the updated and expanded mandatory sexual harassment training, says Pichai or else you'll receive a one rating dock in your performance review.