FIRST AIRED: June 17, 2019

Nice work! Enjoy the show!

×

You’re busy. We get it.

Stay on top of the news with our Editor’s Picks newsletter.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Unsubscribe at any time. One click, it’s gone.

Thanks for signing up!

We've got more news

Get our editor’s daily email summary of what’s going on in the world.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Replay Program
0:00
0:00
More Info

COMING UP:Share Opener Variant 3

×

Transcript

00:00:00
on the state always founder and CEO on Monday said of the hit to his company from a new U. S. ban has been worse than anticipated speaking at the company's headquarters see your ranging Fay said the trump administration's clamp down will hit revenue by thirty billion dollars marking the first time wall way has quantified the impact shouldn't we did not in our initial assessment expected to be this serious we had made our preparations just like an old airplane we have protected our engine and our fuel tank we did not protect the other necessary components so in the next two years the company will suffer a set back in may the trump administration delivered a huge blow to walk away the world's second biggest smartphone maker when it added it to a blacklist barring US companies from selling it technology without first obtaining a license it has been just a few weeks into the band but it's already taking a toll rand said oversee smartphone sales have plunged forty percent in the past month only at the same time we didn't expect the US would attack us on so many aspects we can I get component supply cannot participate in many international organizations cannot work closely with many universities cannot use anything with U. S. components meanwhile in the US sources told Reuters Wobblies chip suppliers including qual com and Intel are quietly pressing the U. S. government to ease its ban on sales to the Chinese tech giants out of the seventy billion dollars while we spent last year on components about eleven billion dollars went to US firms including qual com an Intel