FIRST AIRED: April 30, 2019

Nice work! Enjoy the show!

×

You’re busy. We get it.

Stay on top of the news with our Editor’s Picks newsletter.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Unsubscribe at any time. One click, it’s gone.

Thanks for signing up!

We've got more news

Get our editor’s daily email summary of what’s going on in the world.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Replay Program
0:00
0:00
More Info

COMING UP:Share Opener Variant 2

×

Transcript

00:00:00
pressure cooker bombs three inch nails and a lot of ammunition were all part of a plan according to police by a former US army soldier who served in Afghanistan to wreak havoc at a rally in Long Beach California organized by a white nationalist group over the weekend but well before twenty six year old mark Steven Domingo could attack he was tracked by law enforcement for nearly two months baited with what he thought were live explosive devices and arrested on Friday after he scoped out the event venue U. S. attorney Nick Hannah and local law enforcement detailed their operation to bring him down which had targets well beyond the rally this is a case in which law enforcement was able to identify a man consumed with hate and bent on mass murder and stop him before he could carry out his attack Mr Domingo said that he wanted to kill Jews as they walk to synagogue he wanted to kill and target police officers are attacked crowds at the Santa Monica pier to mingle was charged with providing in attempting to provide material support to terrorists in a video posted online he said America needs another Vegas event referring to the mass shooting in twenty seventeen he also said he would pledge allegiance to ISIS if they were in America and following the mass shooting attack on mosques in New Zealand last month he posted quote there must be retribution he allegedly purchased several hundred three inch long nails to be used in IEDs as shrapnel specifically because the nails were long enough to penetrate the human body and puncture internal organs Hannah said dimming go was extensively watched and had no co conspirators and there was no ongoing threat to southern California the announcement comes two days after a gun man opened fire in a synagogue in the San Diego area which left one person dead and three wounded , a suspect identified as John Ernest was taken into custody in the shooting