>> Lucky that nothing worse happened. The word from authorities on Tuesday's explosives attack on the bus carrying top German soccer team Borusia Dortmund. The vehicle struck by pipe bombs with a hundred meter range, said Frauke Koehler, spokesperson for Germany's federal public prosecutor. Borusia Dortmund had been heading to a champions league clash with AS Monaco.
Reuters specialist photographer Kai Pfaffenbach reporting from outside the stadium.>> It was three serious bombs. It was no firecrackers, which people thought in the beginning when you only saw the damage on the windows of the bus. But, apparently, there were cars in between the actually bomb explosion and where the bombs detonated and the street where the bus was passing.
>> Three blasts shattered windows on the coach moments after it left a nearby hotel. Spanish defender Marc Bartra suffering a broken bone in his wrist and shrapnel wounds to his arm.>> It was pure luck that no more players were wounded or injured, or actually nobody was killed.
>> Two suspects from the, quote, Islamist scene have been identified and their apartment searched, Koehler said. One person subsequently detained. The Islamist connection came from three identical claims of responsibility left at the scene. These letters included demands that Germany's Tornado fighter jets be pulled out of Syria. And that a US military base in Ramstein, Western Germany be closed.
Security ramped up for tonight’s match with additional police deployed. Chancellor Angela Merkel describing the incident as an appalling crime and praising the fantastic solidarity of fans from Germany and Monaco.