FIRST AIRED: March 24, 2017

Nice work! Enjoy the show!

×

You’re busy. We get it.

Stay on top of the news with our Editor’s Picks newsletter.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Unsubscribe at any time. One click, it’s gone.

Thanks for signing up!

We've got more news

Get our editor’s daily email summary of what’s going on in the world.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Replay Program
0:00
0:00
More Info

COMING UP:Share Opener Variant 4

×

Transcript

00:00:01
>> The Trump travel ban that wreaked havoc on US airports, is now deterring Canadian school kids from field trips South of the border. Toronto school officials announced Thursday, school trips to the US would be halted in light of the travel order, the blocked entry by citizens from six Muslim majority countries.
00:00:19
That order has been suspended by two Federal judges. Reuters correspondent, Anna Maila Paperny is in Toronto.>> Toronto District School Board includes almost a quarter of a million students. And a spokesperson, Ryan Burg said that in light of the uncertainty. And questions they've been getting from students, staff, and parents.
00:00:37
They decided to make this move. He says that the majority of feed buzzes they've gotten have been positive, and that most parents understand why they took this step.>> Even though 24 trips have been approved, officials at Canada's largest school district say no new trips will be booked until further notice.
00:00:54
Citing the uncertainty of the order, and the risks students face of being turned away at the border. The Girl Guides of Canada, a group similar to the US Girl Scouts, announced a similar decision earlier this month, saying they wanted to make sure all of their staff and members would be able to join in their trips, regardless of destination.