FIRST AIRED: December 9, 2016

Nice work! Enjoy the show!

×

You’re busy. We get it.

Stay on top of the news with our Editor’s Picks newsletter.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Unsubscribe at any time. One click, it’s gone.

Thanks for signing up!

We've got more news

Get our editor’s daily email summary of what’s going on in the world.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Replay Program
0:00
0:00
More Info

COMING UP:Share Opener Variant 4

×

Transcript

00:00:01
>> Rupert Murdoch making moves to grow his media empire even bigger, bidding for British paid TV group Sky, which he already owns the largest stake in. Murdoch's 21st Century Fox offering $14 billion for the remaining shares. It owns 39% of Sky, but taking over the other 61% of shares, would mean the US-based media company would have control of a distribution platform in Europe.
00:00:27
Sky's shares surging on the news. Sky has an independent committee to consider the proposal and says discussions are underway.