FIRST AIRED: July 10, 2018

Nice work! Enjoy the show!


You’re busy. We get it.

Stay on top of the news with our Editor’s Picks newsletter.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Unsubscribe at any time. One click, it’s gone.

Thanks for signing up!

We've got more news

Get our editor’s daily email summary of what’s going on in the world.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Replay Program
More Info

COMING UP:Share Opener Variant 3



>> It's over, all 12 boys and their soccer coach are now above ground in Thailand. Stretchered, driven and flown to hospital from the flooded cave they've been trapped in for over two weeks.>> This is an incredible moment here on the ground, it's mission impossible accomplished, really.
The Navy SEAL's themselves said on their Facebook page they don't know if this is a miracle or a sign, it's incredible.>> Reuters' Panu Wongcha-um has been here outside the cave covering the story. Where an international rescue operation has gone on between volunteers, police, and Thai Navy SEAL's.
>> The feeling here is immense, people have been waiting for more than two weeks, really anxious about this whole mission. That have come together, really as an international effort as well as a Thai-led effort as well. These two elements have really made the story quite special, the fact that they managed to overcome such difficult odds against nature, against water, against time.
Really to come to this point where we can safely say that the 12 boys and their coach are now all out safely.>> The 13 were found on Monday last week, hungry and huddled in the darkness, several kilometers inside the cave complex.>> Yes!>> The boys were then taught to dive but many couldn't even swim, and the tunnels are narrow, submerged, and dangerous even for expert divers.
Last week, the rescue operation led to the death of a Thai Navy SEAL. Tethered to rescue divers, the first four emerged on Sunday, four more on Monday, and the last four on Tuesday, as well as the coach. Those being treated in hospital are being monitored and separated from the public and any family members.
But other than a few lung infections, all are said to be in pretty good shape. For now, it's a happy ending to an extraordinarily dangerous mission that's gripped the world for more than two weeks.