FIRST AIRED: April 5, 2018

Nice work! Enjoy the show!

×

You’re busy. We get it.

Stay on top of the news with our Editor’s Picks newsletter.

US Edition
Intl. Edition
Unsubscribe at any time. One click, it’s gone.

Thanks for signing up!

×

Transcript

00:00:00
>> Mexican police say it was propane from a faulty water heater that asphyxiated and killed an Iowa family of four who was vacationing in the country over spring break. Investigators discovered the water heater in the family's vacation condo had rusted in the humid Caribbean heat. Exposure to high concentrations of propane can result in death from carbon monoxide poisoning.
00:00:23
The Sharpe family was staying at the luxury town Mexico vacation community near the small coastal town of Akumal, about an hour's drive to Cancun. Police say the gas leak came from the laundry room, which had no ventilation. The bodies of Kevin Sharpe, his wife Amy, and their two children were discovered in the early morning hours of March 23rd in the top floor condo they were staying in.